Q: If your wife is shouting at the front door and your dog is barking at the back door, who do you let in first?
A: The dog, of course. At least he’ll shut up after you let him in.
A woman’s husband had been slipping in and out of a coma for several months, yet she had stayed by his bedside every single day. One day, when he came to, he motioned for her to come nearer. As she sat by him, he whispered, eyes full of tears, “You know what? You have been with me all through the bad times. When I got fired, you were there to support me. When my business failed, you were there. When I got shot, you were by my side. When we lost the house, you stayed right here. When my health started failing, you were still by my side. You know what?” “What dear?” she asked gently, smiling as her heart began to fill with warmth. ”I think you’re bad luck.”
I am tired of coming across jokes of the above nature.It gets me to think – if there are so many things about a girl that a boy finds irritating ,to the degree that they constantly feel the need to come up with jokes of the above nature,then why at all do they want to fall in love with a girl, promise her with all the love and care, swear to make her feel special; only to laugh at her the moment her back is turned?
I will be fair though; I have quite a number of male friends and they have the utmost respect for women and have the highest regard for their female counterparts.They treat me like one of their own and I am thankful to them for their broad-minded acceptance of my capabilities. But, that doesn’t overshadow the fact that there exists an equal number of males who think that the place of women should always be below them, never at par with them.
As a result of my above musings and after thorough consultation with a number of my girlfriends, I decided to put up this list of things that we find irritating about boys.
Any boy who goes through the list should bear one thing in mind – please read the following with an open mind.you may just learn why you are still single and not at all ready to mingle!
So here goes –
1. There are times when right in the middle of an argument with a boy, when we’re trying to get our point across, there will slowly appear a smile on his face ( more like a smirk) and the look on his face will be one of forbearance, and with a condescending tone he would say ,”You’re just a girl, you won’t understand!”.
I am sure a small slap across that face would do him a world of good.
2. Normally, when a guy wants to participate in the act of teasing a girl, he would do so when he has his other male cronies to support him. Corner this guy and dare him to tease you then and not a word is going to escape his mouth then!
Wolves hunt in packs, so goes the saying!
3. If a guy has the good fortune of dating quite a number of girls, he is invariably tagged as a “stud”; if a girl happens to share the equal fortune, she is labeled as a “slut”. Hypocrisy, anyone?
Most of the time, guys revel in doing things like – getting drunk, gambling, smoking pot and running after random girls.And when a girl is seen doing at least one of these things, she is promptly tagged a “whore”! But then,who is a “whore” ? Isn’t she HUMAN just like you and me, but a little less fortunate than us?Remember – a girl, however bold or “shameless” she appears to be, would never willingly chase after boys on her own account.It is the boy who starts it off, gives her little hints of love and promises, and when things get too hot to handle, backs out and starts to blame her of not being good enough!
4. Boys should understand the basic fact that their female counterparts do not dress-up with the sole intention of “provoking” or “exciting” them; we do it because we like it and not because we think/hope that you would appreciate it.Period.
5. You tend to forget that a girl is the daughter of a father and a mother who have brought her up, dear as life itself. And when you do treat a woman well, it is just for show. You are like the person who wears a Gucci leather jacket outside and a tattered old shirt inside!
6. You might gift her with diamond rings and platinum ornaments but if you are not kind and understanding, she will still feel misery and nothing else. I don’t know why it is so hard for you to understand things as simple as that? And then they say men are more intelligent than women !
7.When you see your girl laying her eyes on another boy, you become all judgmental and start calling her names. And look at you, you pretend to be like a brother to your best friend but then when his girlfriend is around, you just can’t take your lecherous eyes off her.
8. When a boy proposes to a girl and is turned down with words like ‘ No, I am sorry. We can be just friends but I am not really up for a relationship‘, he starts arriving at some massive generalized conclusions in his aborted attempt to diagnose her problem. The most common being : either she is lying about not having any interest or she is gay ! Well, if she is lying, then I am really sorry. ‘Cause she is probably looking for something else in a guy and she doesn’t really think you have it in you. Simple .And if at all she is gay, then what’s the big freaking deal? Don’t we have the freedom to choose our own partner
9. But there is this third possibility which might never have occurred to boys, that girls sometimes prefer to remain single and not indulge in any sort of relationship for as long as she wants. Why, doesn’t she have the right to have some good time all by herself after all that she’s been through because of her previous relationships? And anyway, who would want to commit the same mistake again and again? Every girl loves to experience the joy of being single, a sense of prudery and an air of superiority, for at least once in her lifetime. It’s just that her ways of doing things are different from that of guys, or rather, truer and more sensible than that of men.
I dream of a time when a girl will be able to walk on the streets, confident and free, not having to dread coming across the occasional eve-teaser.
I dream of a time when a girl will not be held responsible for all the wrong things that has happened to her, just because she is a girl and she was supposed to be “more careful”.
I dream of a time when a girl’s strength, will not be judged by how physically strong she appears to be, but in her compassion, her kindness and her ability to turn anything into a thing of beauty.
So in the words of Mrs. Beyonce Knowles Carter –
– Bidisha Chetia, Kasturi Saikia